patterns and spindles

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Squashes...

This is from keyhole garden. Zucchini for bred are from spiral garden.

I also got seed yellow squash from someone who has just these, I'll plant the seeds next year.
And zucchini seeds need some renewing. I do not need a lot, one pack if that is plenty. But I like doing my own seeds. I end up with some peculiar squash crosses some times. Patypan and patypan cross with zucchini is not my seeds, but makes large squashes :), and ginormous plants, boy unbelievable how big are they... they are huge.

This one produced a conjoint twin... it had 2 stems and it's joined...

how did they...

Another garden monster is these banana squashes, I did put brick and 2x4 under couple of them so they do not tear the actual vine they are still growing on, I barely can lift these things... and after my tossing that many logs for my log-work in several beds and dry creek that is saying something... I have no idea how to weigh these...





I tried to clear a vine from my sunchokes and move it, it did not work... well it did have a good reason :). This is my BTE over concrete oval bed. Neighbors are asking what kind of trees am I growing there... no trees those are sunchokes, they just turned to be size of the 3y old trees in my orchard... sunchokes are tall and fat. hey will have lots of food there. And they do not need much water by any means. Perfect xeriscape plant for midwest when one has space for it to be.


also time to 'open' pumpkins to encourage ripening,
 I planted some just for giggles... I have some pumpkins , these are from my BTE over concrete experiment oval bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment