patterns and spindles

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Autumn begins

Autumn begins, do see some pests and some powdery mildew. Mildew is not going to do anything now because it decided to sit on banana squash and basically does force it to ripen now... I wonder if that squash 'called' the fungus... to help the squash to ripen and therefore to propagate.
I have Armenian cucs and couple of Asian cucs there... so I do not need that fungus, milk treatment begins, I was neglecting it so it would kill the tops of the banana squash clearing the room for Armenian cucs vines .
could have pulled the leaves, but got busy
Brought my harvest and someone got busted...

 stolen from here, a big one..
I have a squash problem again. Armenian cucs and patypans came from keyhole garden

 zucchini and some more patypans from spiral garden

my tomato rows reduced this year have produced, I'm pulling greens from bottom so O do not have to use stronger ties to hold the plants against 6 feet cattle panels fences, plants are over 6 feet tall...
 5 pepper plants produced some.


carrots, some are wired clay soil monsters, all these  are volunteers :), a... hook
 legs and...mmmm...
 some more carrot monsters
 this what happens when kids go into the garden and make a display... it's kid-cleaned already (helps to get special small $25 kid size shop vac from costco, works great)

now what am I going to do with this...
caning ideas... have to think about it
Heirloom carrots, thee ones are white and yellow

what else... my bug eater. phone camera, so not very good photos



No comments:

Post a Comment