patterns and spindles

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Autumn, new gardens updates

BTE over concrete mound, keyhole and spiral are in full swing.


Mound does well. Having what's in it it produces a lot, borrage in the center now is in full bloom and will have lots of seeds to drop. I seeded 2 more mounds with borrage, if mice do not get that... :), I now have a helper, bull snake baby moved in. It lives next to another sunchokes cluster and has lots of logs to hide in and tree bark and lots of wood chips in there and soft soil to dig a nice den and mice, lots of them.

 BTE over concrete mound garden
Sunhcokes now keep the wind out of the rest of the mound and prevent erosion if any would happen... it's mulched so there is no chances for that. Sunchokes are not irrigated, it's clearly runoff and whatever rain was there.

closer look, I do not prevent fungal activity on these at this time of the year, it's getting close to freezing an I'll have hard time lifting these monsters as they are

they are getting tall and start blooming, bees are happy about it.
 pumpkins I et to grow out, I just lead the wines so they are spilling from the mound between sunchokes



 some are still blooming, they will not o anything, maybe something small
 these I suspect either banana squash-pumpkin cross of pumpkin I do not remember what kind was it...

I have plenty strawberry to use that as ground covers in here now... some of the babies will go on the mound and will see what will that do
they are almost as tall as orchard trees... folk in the community thing these are bushes...



I have sunchokes in many places, I moved them out of the garden, or I thought I did... that one ended up in between the rows.
Sunchok in old garden... I did cut it back a lot, it was a bit of a monster...
 autumn garden means more greens
 
sorel second autumn crop is coming, it was cut flush 2 weeks ago, over 80 pounds of that greens...
 new onions are up of walking onions, we get 2 crops a year
 greens mature, maybe I'll seed more

I did not even go in there yet... jungle it is, they are spilling over 6 feet.

 Hawthorns are setting berries nicely




 Keyhole garden:

keyhole harden I let the molds to take on the vines and dry them so my banana squash matures
 someone was digging there for something...
 armenian cucs after the harwest
 keyhole garden on decline, we supposed to freeze now or in 4 days, but we may not...
 they only get bigger, it's time to let the fungi to dry the wines and do the autumn job...


Spiral garden 
Spiral is filling in, zucchini and cucumbers, and patypans and... have my work cut out for me...  

 Some floral close up from my spiral, many bees are not loving the cloudy weather, but I'm ok with that














Windblock is growing.



No comments:

Post a Comment